The All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA 2016 is officially open for entries from Artistes, Songwriters, Music/Entertainment Journalists, Video Directors, Music Producers, DJs, Dancers from across the African continent and Diaspora. The AFRIMA awards is celebrating excellence in musical artistry in Africa and the Diaspora, featuring 33 categories across the five regions of Africa and music genre, with a reward of 23.9 carat gold AFRIMA plated trophy.
The Guidelines/Eligibility/Requirements for the 2016 All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA 3.0 Entry Submission:
- Entries open from May 30, 2016 and closes on July 30, 2016.
- Eligibility: Music professionals of African origin living either on the continent or abroad are eligible. The award is open to Artistes, Songwriters, Video Directors, Music Producers and Music/Entertainment Journalists as well as unrecorded artistes.
- Artistes/ producers/ directors/ journalists/ songwriters must submit their works digitally via AFRIMA website on www.afrima.org, twitter @AFRIMAWARDS or www.facebook.com/afrima2014
- It is strongly advised that you submit your work (s) via online submission, the Entry Registration Form must be carefully and accurately completed and submitted including the relevant URL links for the digital version of the artistic work/writing in the space provided. Forms can be filled in English and French. All entries by journalists must be submitted in their original language of publication.
- African artistes must upload and submit their audio or video entry using download links to YouTube or SoundCloud platforms to qualify for nomination in award categories relevant to their artistic work.
- Works to be submitted must be produced in the year under review i.e. May 20, 2015 to July 30, 2016.
- You can enter a work/works in several categories as applicable but each entry registration must be done and submitted individually.
- Artiste may submit works in one or more categories of their choice in the 33 categories of the award.
- Return of Submitted CDs/DVDs: It is strongly encouraged that you only send materials via online but if you do wish to send materials you do not wish to have returned, it's convenient and easier for all involved. Please do not send masters, originals or your only copy, etc. These will not be returned. AFRIMA will not accept responsibility for lost or damaged tapes.
- Any falsification of information about the artistic work or the artiste/ producer/ director/ journalist/ songwriter renders the entry null and void.
- If a song/writing/video promotes violence or substance abuse, it cannot be entered for the award.
- PHOTOGRAPH: The entry submission must include the following elements:
- One high-resolution color publicity photographs with caption in jpeg format - NOT passport or ID photograph;
- CONSENT: Any work submitted by an artiste or a representative has automatically communicated consent, agreement and granted authorization to the All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA to use the artiste’s image, video, music, sound, beat and biography for promotion of the Artiste and AFRIMA Awards on Television, Print, Radio, Online and social media platforms.
- The AFRIMA Jury Academy of Voters reserves the right to disqualify any work that fails to adhere to the guidelines and rules of submission.